Thursday, December 15, 2016

New Car!

And just like that I have some news.  I bought a new car last night.  I went with a 2016 Honda CR-V, replacing my 2001 CR-V, which I bought in November of 2000.  Hey, if it lasts 16 years, why fix it?

I’ve actually been wanting to replace it for a few years now.  The AC went out about two and a half years ago, and that’s no fun here in Southern California in the summer.  Of course, now it’s winter, so I won’t get to experience the joy of having AC in my car again for a while.  My transmission went out about three years ago, and it was feeling shaky to me again, although my mechanic says it is fine.  And it was shaking pretty badly on the freeway.  All told, I would have had to spend some serious money to get it fixed.

Not as much as I spent on a new car, of course, but it is nice to have something new again.

Plus I have all the news bells and whistles, like Bluetooth and a backup camera.  Not sure how I feel about that last one yet, but I’m sure I will get used to it.

My old car was a pretty green, but they don’t make many green cars anymore, so I went with blue this time.  It’s really pretty as well, but not as nice as green.  I just wanted something other than white/tan/gray, which is what the majority of cars I see are.

So I will be enjoying that new car smell for the next couple of months.  And interest rates are so low thanks to promotions that I won’t be paying much interest over the next few years while I pay it off. 

No comments: