Monday, September 19, 2016

Survivor Mud Run 2016

Time for a little catch up.

Not much happened the first couple of weeks of the month.  My weekends were quiet, which was nice.  I’ve started my fantasy football league for the season, and I’ve won the first two weeks, which is shocking.  We’ll see how things go as the season progresses.

But Saturday.  Saturday was my last mud run of the year.  I know, already?  But my October runs were either early this year or aren’t happening any more.  And it was back down to Lake Elsinore for the Survivor Mud Run.

I’ve been doing this one for several years, and I’ve slowly been watching the lake level drop.  It had dropped so far this year that they didn’t have us doing anything in the lake – no slide into the lake, no lake walk, and no cleaning off in the lake afterwards.  But that’s not all that was missing – they only had a couple of obstacles that weren’t mud related.  They still had a ton of obstacles, but they were all mud pits.  As in climb in, slog through, climb out.  Now don’t get me wrong, I love mud as much as the next guy doing a mud run.  And they have nice thick mud here, which is always fun.  But it got a bit boring.  I like a little more variety than that.

It was a hot day, too, so the car ride down and back was warm since I don’t have a working AC in my car.  But I finished a great book on CD, so that made it more pleasant.

No comments: