Friday, September 15, 2006

Long Overdue Major Catch Up

So it's been over two weeks since I post anything about my life? Yikes! I am getting lazy, aren't I?

So what would you like to know?

I've decided three day weekends should be mandatory every weekend. We can get by on a 32 hour work week, right? Labor Day weekend was absolutely wonderful. I slept in every day (despite setting an alarm for church Sunday). And the extra day off was nice and relaxing. I actually felt human by the time Monday night hit. I had been feeling pretty lousy the week before.

And I hung out with friends lots. Kurt and Kellie set up a game night with their friends for Saturday night. And then some friends got together for a BBQ on Monday. Both were lots of fun.

I am indeed sharing the worship leading responsibilities for youth group. It's nice. Keeps the pressure off me and gives the youth some variety.

My car spent last Thursday at the Honda dealership. The compressor on my AC decided to give up the ghost and they had to overnight a new one to the dealership. The good news? It was covered by the warrenty.

And I got a new battery for my car, too. I saved $20 by going to Sears. Of course, it took them two hours to install it while I waited. Maybe it would have been just as cheap to have Honda do it while they had my car afterall.

This week, I got pulled over by a cop for the first time. Why? Because of my tinted windows. When I bought my car, I paid to have the deal tint my windows. The car came back with the driver and passenger side windows tinted. I questioned this, but was told I was ok because I got it that way from the dealer. Obviously, I was lied to. Now I'll have to pay to have it fixed. I asked a friend who is a cop about it, and he was shocked. He says they never pull anyone over for that or write the ticket for it. That must be why I've survived six years with out getting a ticket for it.

The worst part of the whole thing? It happened right by church right before the mid-week adult Bible study started. And Kurt saw me. He was already giving me a hard time about it. I wonder how many people saw me.

I saw the wound care specialist Tuesday. She says that I should be healed within a month. Sure hope so. And she told me that the time it's taken me to heal isn't abnormal for where the wound is.

Wednesday night I went over to some friend's for dinner. They are trying to sell their place and move out of town since he has a job as a pastor in that town. It was nice to catch up with them once more before they leave. I don't see them more then three or four times a year, but I will certainly miss having them around.

And I think that hits the exciting events for the last couple of weeks. Maybe now that I've posted this my lazy streak will have passed.

No comments: