Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Disneyland - Part 2

I had one last day on my parks pass at Disneyland I had to use.  Angelique was nice enough to pay to go with me again, and we headed down there the first Saturday of the month.

This time, we started in California Adventure since we hadn't been there at all in October.  We hit all the essentials and quite a few of the optional rides.  The lines for those were short, so it was hard to walk past them.

I finally made it on the rethemed Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout.  We enjoyed it.  I was always a fan of the Tower of Terror, which it replaced.  But this seemed better, mainly because the scenes in between the drops were actually telling a story.

We also made it on the new Spiderman ride.  That was a disappointment.  I feel like I might better follow what is happening after another couple of rides, but it wasn't all that fun.  Definitely not worth the wait for it.

Around 5:30, we hopped on over to Disneyland.  I was impressed with how much we were able to get done there.  Most of the big rides and quite a few of the smaller ones.  We didn't get back on Rise of the Resistance, which was a disappointment.  And Small World hadn't quite reopened after their flood in November.  But we still had a good time.

Park open to close makes for a long day, but it was worth it.  If it weren't so expensive, I'd definitely be plotting a return trip, but this will have to do it for me for a while, I'm afraid.

No comments: